Top 10 best-selling mobile phones of all time
The advent of cell phones has fundamentally changed the way people communicate. Over the cause of 66 years ever since the first mobile phone call was made in 1946, a vast variety of mobile phone models have been made available to consumers, getting increasingly powerful, sleek and affordable along the way. According to IT research company Gartner, a total of 1.41 billion mobile phones were sold worldwide in 2011 alone, meaning that one in five people on the planet purchased one handset last year.
Now together with China.org.cn, check out the ten mobile phones that managed to garner the most success in this over-crowded market throughout the history of the device.
10. Launched in 2008, the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music was viewed as one of the best music phones ever, featuring a revolutionary music playback as well as a cool appearance. It is also the first-ever touch-screen Smartphone produced by Nokia.
9. In all honesty, this 2006-released Blackberry Pearl 8100 may be one of the ugliest mobile phones out there to date. However, it is equipped with a classic QWERTY keypad.
8. The so-called I chocolate U! TV-commercial starring South Korean actress Kim Tai-hee was an overnight success. Released in 2006, LG Chocolate phones have sleek outlooks and distinctive designs.
7. Many people used to be die-hard Nokia fans. Launched in 2003, the Nokia 2100 does not have any particular wow-factor, but it is very easy to use and has that classic Nokia look.
6.The iPhone 3GS hit stores in 2009, boasting to be faster and stronger.
5. Siri, a built-in digital personal assistant, was one of the top reasons for the popularity of the 2011-released iPhone 4S.
4. The Nokia 3310 sold extremely well after being introduced in 2000, with a number of innovative features, including a calculator, a reminder function as well as popular phone games. It also supports the writing of longer text messages.
3. Soccer player David Beckham is the star supporter of the Moto Razr V3 in its advertisement campaigns. Featuring the thinnest profile at the time, the model’s trendy appearance is a big plus for many consumers.
2. Released in 1999, the Nokia 3210 was deemed beautiful at the time as it came without any external aerials.
1. The Nokia 1110 is one of the best and most durable mobile phones known to man. Launched in 2003, it came as a very simple handset and was marketed towards consumers who did not require advanced features. With 250 million units sold, the Nokia 1100 is the best-selling consumer electronic device in the world.